Return Roller is a pivoting track-mounted return idler that allows for safe, quick, and simple one-sided serviceability and roll replacement. The track-mounted design reduces the risk of injury and allows quick replacement of the roll.
As a consequence, not only wear and tear of the belt occurs, but forces are brought into play to move the belt away from its correct track.
Return rollers with spaced rubber rings contribute largely to eliminating the build-up of scale that forms in certain conditions on the belt surface. The rings are pointed, assembled at intervals, in the central part of the roller, where they have the scope to break up the scale which normally is present at the belt center; meanwhile flat rings mounted in groups at the extremities of the belt, support and protect the belt edges, also in cases of limited belt wandering.
The straight tracking of the belt may be compromised by the type of conveyed material, especially when this material is sticky and thereby adheres easily to the belt surface.
In this case, the material is also deposited on the return rollers that support the belt, adding an irregular addition of scale to the roller itself.
Features and Benefits:
- Requires minimal rigging and heavy lifting
- Sliding track-mounted design reduces the risk of injury and allows a replacement to be done quickly and easily
- Designed to allow for service from one side of the conveyor
- Fits any belt 24″ to 72″ wide
- The three-piece hanger frame adjusts to accommodate different belt widths
- Universal bracket fits most major idler manufacturers’ idlers and sizes